Rupert Neve Designs Portico II MBP is a 2-channel Compressor/Limiter/Stereo Field Processor
Based around the high voltage, discrete and class-A signal paths made famous in the 5088 Mixer and the Portico II: Channel, the Rupert Neve Designs Portico II MBP is a creative tool that redefines the boundaries and limitations of traditional 2-channel compression and limiting.
With input and output transformers designed and implemented by Mr. Rupert Neve, the high-voltage 72V topology found in the Master Buss Processor (MBP) will integrate flawlessly with virtually any system. Additionally, the MBP incorporates mastering grade detented pots throughout to fine tune its revolutionary dynamics, tone, and stereo field controls. This new topology is a significant evolution of Mr Rupert Neve’s classic designs with appreciable benefits to headroom, dynamic range, distortion, noise, slew rate, bandwidth, and accuracy while still providing for the sweet, musical performance that has been a part of countless recordings.
Contact Us with your Rupert Neve Designs Questions!
Rupert Neve Designs Portico II MBP Features:
- Powerful 2-channel compressor/limiter/stereo field manipulator
- Full compression sections for both channels, including attack, release, ratio, and threshold controls
- Side chain inputs with highpass filters for both compressors
- Feed-back/Feed-forward controls let you select from modern and vintage compression sounds
- Texture control with 2 Silk modes let you add classic Neve warmth
- Blend controls allow you to mix dry signal back into your compression, preserving transients while adding punch
- Simple and highly musical 1-knob limiter with Adaptive Release Technology allows for brickwall limiting that doesn’t distort or affect levels under the threshold
- Stereo Field Editor section includes independent controls for width and depth as well as the width and depth EQs, allowing you to dial in the perfect stereo field