Retail Price: $881.00
For Gear Heads:
The Electro-Voice RE27N/D is a high-performance, neodymium-equipped industry-standard broadcast microphone. Superb resolution and depth for voice and instruments have also made the versatile RE27N/D a favorite of recording studios and live sound engineers around the world.
- Variable-D™ for minimal proximity effect
- Neodymium element design brings 6 dB more sensitivity
- Ultra-flat frequency response
- Studio condenser-like performance
- Three selectable filters: -6 dB from 250-100 Hz, -12 dB from 1000-100 Hz and -3 dB high frequency roll-off
- Integral wind and blast filters
Electro-Voice RE27N/D is a dynamic microphone most commonly used in the broadcast/radio industry. But the RE27 is excellent for recording voice and instruments as well. I love the RE27 not only as a live studio vocal microphone but paired with the right preamp, it works wonders even for lead vocals in the studio (compared to large tube mics sometimes). You will also find it will surprise you on Kick Drum, Saxophone (especially baritone) and even on a bass amplifier or Leslie B3 Cabinet. The microphone is extremely versatile and very affordable. It is one of those mics every studio locker should have.
||54 mm (2.13")
||45 - 20,000 Hz
|Impedance, Low-Z balanced
|Open Circuit Voltage
||217 mm (8.54")
||25.01 oz (709 g)