Lynx Studio Technology
Lynx Hilo-TB + ThunderBolt Card
Lynx Hilo-TB + ThunderBolt Card is an AD/DA Converter with LCD Touch Screen, Headphone Amp, 3 Sets of Analog Outputs, 32-channel Internal Mixer and a Pre Installed Lynx LT-TB Option Card.
It is impossible to compare the Lynx Hilo to other two channel AD and DA converters. In fact it is a unique product that is, at first, a little difficult to get your head around. Basically, Hilo replaces three different, critical components:
#1 Lynx Hilo is an analog to digital converter
#2 It is also a digital to analog converter. With most companies, these are two separate units.
#3 It is an independent headphone amplifier.
The headphone section has its own, dedicated D/A converter. This provides two key benefits. First this allows Hilo to offer a headphone output with exceptional clarity and noise specifications. Second, due to Hilo’s internal 32 channel mixer, any input set can be routed to the headphone stereo output. This means that a mix that is entirely different from the analog outputs and monitors can be applied to the headphones.
- Lynx Hilo is a 4 in one unit – Monitor Controller with a dedicated D/A converter and a Headphone amplifier with a dedicated D/A converter.
- There are three unique sets of analog outputs: main analog output, monitor output (with volume) and headphone output (with volume)
- The flexible digital I/O section offers the choice of AES/EBU, SPDIF by coax or TOSLINK optical, or ADAT formats
- The innovative design of the analog stage and converter topology allow ultra low noise and distortion specifications
- A 480 x 272 pixel LCD touch screen for operation and monitoring
- A 32 channel internal mixer in the updatable FPGA
- 12 total inputs, 16 total outputs plus 32 channels possible via LSlot.
- AC powered with Battery operation available
- Open ended software for future measurement, metering, diagnostic and personalization features using the touch screen LCD.
- Size - 8.50” wide x 3.25” tall x 10.00” deep (half rack, two spaces)
- Weight: 6.75 pounds