Rupert Neve Designs Portico 517 provides world-class transformer-coupled mic preamp, compressor and DI circuitry, with Vari-phase, Silk and DI/mic blending capabilities in a 500 series model. As the first 500 series module designed by Mr. Rupert Neve, the 517 incorporates outstanding sonic quality with an indispensable feature set.
Rupert Neve Designs Portico 517 is a 500 Series transformer-coupled mic preamp, compressor and DI circuitry, with Vari-phase, Silk and DI/mic blending capabilities.
- 500 series format for compatibility with API and other 500 series racks
- Microphone preamplifier with 0-66dB of gain with switchable 48V phantom power and phase reverse
- Direct instrument input with 0-30dB of gain (balanced or unbalanced operation)
- Blend control allows you to blend the mic pre and the DI signal together
- Vari-phase continuously adjusts the phase of the direct signal only
- Silk function for enhanced sound
- Opto compressor section with contiguously variable threshold control (2:1 ratio, attack, and release are fixed)
- LEDs for signal presence, clipping, and compression indicators
- Frequency Response: Main Output, no load, -0.2dB at 10Hz -3dB at 160kHz
- Noise: Measured at Main Output, unweighted, 22Hz-22kHz, Terminated 150 Ohms. With gain at unity better than -100dBu With gain at 66dB better than -62 dBu Equivalent Input Noise better than -128dBu Noise Factor 1.5dB
- Maximum Output Level: Maximum output from 20Hz-40kHz is +23 dBu
- Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise: at 1kHz, +20 dBu output: Main Output: Better than 0.001% at 20Hz, +20 dBu output: Main Output: Better than 0.002% Silk Engaged: Better than 0.2% Second harmonic
- Crosstalk: Measured channel to channel: Better than -90dB at 15kHz
- Phantom Power: +48 Volts DC +/-1%