Shure's KSM44A is a premium, large-diaphragm, side-address condenser microphone with multiple polar pattern options (cardioid, omnidirectional, bidirectional). The refined and sophisticated design of the KSM44A features an externally biased, dual 1-inch diaphragms, extensive internal pop filtering and Prethos™ Advanced Preamplifier Technology for a ground-breaking threshold minimum of self-noise.
The KSM44A is the premier choice for the highest level of professional studio and stage performance. The KSM44A/SL includes ShureLock® suspension shock mount, ShureLock® stand mount, carrying case, and velveteen pouch.
- A milestone technical achievement, Shure’s Prethos™ Advanced PreamplifierTechnology provides 4dB of self-noise and max SPL of 131 dB for a totaldynamic range of 127 dB – an increase of 7 dB that defines the new standardfor cleanly nuanced audio capture
- Multiple polar patterns–cardioid, omnidirectional and bidirectional–formaximum flexibility in a wide variety of recording applications
- Premium electronic components and gold-plated internal and externalconnectors
- Subsonic filter eliminates rumble from mechanical vibration below 17 Hz.
- Switchable 15 dB pad for handling extremely high sound pressure levels(SPLs)
- Dual 1 inch, externally biased, ultra-thin, 2.5 µm, 24 Karat gold-layered,low mass diaphragms provide superior transient response
- Class A, discrete, transformerless preamplifier for transparency,extremely wide frequency response and no crossover distortion. Minimizes harmonic and intermodulation distortions.
- 3-position switchable low-frequency filter helps reduce unwanted stand vibration noise or counteract proximity effect
- Integrated three-stage "pop" protection grille reduces plosives and other breath noise
The Shure KSM44A is a large-diaphragm, side-address condenser microphone with multiple polar pattern options (cardioid, omnidirectional, bidirectional). The KSM44A has been a well-known large diaphragm condenser microphone for quite some time. Whether it is on stage or in the studio the KSM44A is extremely versatile. Vocals is where this microphone shines but the applications are endless. From drum overheads, grand Piano and even brass. This microphone should be on the top list for most touring bluegrass bands. Use it as a center microphone for the full band or individual mic for acoustic guitar, dobro, upright bass and the rest. So you can see the KSM44a is hard to beat for the price!
- Transducer Type: Dual-Diaphragm, Front-Active, Externally Biased Condenser
- Frequency Response: 60 to 20,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Output Impedance: 147 ohms
- Sensitivity (at 1 kHz, open circuit voltage): -37 dBV/Pa (14.1 mV) 1 Pascal=94 dB SPL
- Maximum SPL (1 kHz at 1% THD): 1000 ohms load: 139 dB; 2500 ohms load: 139 dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (referenced at 94 dB SPL at 1 kHz): 86 dB
S/N ratio is difference between 94 dB SPL and equivalent SPL of self noise, A-weighted
- Dynamic Range (at 1 kHz): 1000 ohms load: 131 dB; 2500 ohms load: 131 dB
- Common Mode Rejection (10 Hz to 100 kHz): > 60 dB
- Clipping Level (20Hz-20 kHz at 1% THD): 1000 ohms load: 6.5 dBV; 2500 ohms load: 8 dBV
- Self Noise (typical, equivalent SPL, A-weighted): 8.5 dB
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
- Weight: Net: 494 g. with shock mount and pop filter: 820 g
- Connector: Three-pin professional audio (XLR), male
- Power Requirements: 11 to 52 Vdc phantom, 6 mA